I'm pickin up good vibrations
Shes giving me excitations
Im pickin up good vibrations
(oom bop bop good vibrations)...
I've been tagged by Kirsten Harrell of the Think Positive! Blog to get my vibe on. Created by Cardin at The Optimist Lab, this is a writing project for us to tell how we renew ourselves.
Here are the rules set up by Cardin:
1. Write a new post about your five favorite tricks for Raising Your Vibes.
2. Link back to OptimistLab and the person who tagged you at the top of your post.
3. Give your attention to five (or more if you want) deserving bloggers by picking one high-quality post by each blogger.
4. Tag these bloggers by going to High Vibe it, and submitting your Raising Your Vibes post and the five posts you picked.
5.Tell each blogger you picked that theyve been tagged either through email or by leaving a comment.
Well Kirsten, here are some of the things I do.
- Meditation. Meditation is, for me the ultimate way to center. I sit. I focus. I wait. The light comes. I know things are okay.
- Music. It may be Bach. It may be Led Zeppelin. Sometimes it's Jean-luc Ponte. If I'm down, music energizes me, putting into notes how I feel so I can take it out and look at it. If I'm already up, it expresses how I feel and lets me feel free enough to express it. If all art were taken from the world, the loss of music would be the worst.
- Watching a thunderstorm. Have you ever just watched a storm without concern for what it can do or where it may go. Even better, try to throw yourself into it, seeing yourself existing at its center, gyring with the winds and thunder? Thunderstorms embody a raw, unshaped power, emotional and visceral - the same power that we all embody. Flying in one makes me feel clean and free, exhilarated and purified.
- Going to the beach. Sitting on the beach at sunrise is a religious experience for me, like the birth of the world.
- Walking in an old forest. They are hard to find now, but walking among trees that have grown for hundreds of years is like being in a gothic cathedral. There is a hush, a sense of comfort and renewal that comes from being in the midst of so much life that shows no evidence of the hand of man.
So that's it for me. I'd live to here what some others have to say about how they energize themselves, so I'm high-vibing
1. Wendy Piersall from eMoms at Home with You Don't Have to Be a Jerk to Enjoy a Big Ego.
2. Lyman Reed from Creating a Better Life with Here's What's Working.
3. Karen Lynch at Live the Power with Happy Strategies.
4. Steve Olson at Steve-Olson.com with How to Break a Negative Thought Pattern.
5. Terry Starbucker at Ramblings From a Glass Half Full with Weddings and Butterflies.
[tags]Think Positive! Blog, Optimist Lab, High Vibe It, eMoms at Home, Creating a Better Life, Live The Power, Steve Olson, Ramblings From a Glass Half Full, raising your energy level[/tags]