Americans often think there is something wrong with sleeping. We think we'll miss something exciting if we go to sleep. It doesn't matter what happened in the few billion years before we were born, or the billions that will happen after we die. The really important stuff is happening now! In our quest to be up on what is happening we force ourselves to stay awake. Occasionally we take it too far. Here are five of the top ways you know you're not getting enough sleep.
You Know You're Not Getting Enough Sleep...
- ...when you hear your alarm clock, you hit the snooze button. When your alarm goes off again, you hit the snooze button again. Finally you decide to heck with it and just reset the alarm to get up the next day.
- ...when you finally get out of bed, you decide your tea will be more effective if you just suck on the bag instead of wasting water by letting the tea steep before drinking it.
- ...when you're driving, you decide you can get a quick nap in while you're waiting for the light to turn red.
- ...when a Stephen King novel is the perfect reading to put you to sleep.
- ...when you're afraid to eat salad with lettuce in it before driving. In extreme cases you stop eating turkey, bananas, all dairy products, and all starches for fear you'll fall asleep at dinner...in a restaurant...with your new investor.